Well Madison's doctors appointment was Monday afternoon. I called the doctors office in the morning to find out how much infant Tylenol I could give Madison and when. I was so nervous for this appointment. About and hour before the appointment, I gave Madison her dose of Tylenol. This dose is suppose to ease the "pain" of the immunizations. She took the dose very well, no spit up or mess...I kept telling her it tastes like chicken.
Late afternoon, we packed up the car and headed to the appointment, she was all smiles. The nurse called us back to the patient room, however first Madison needed to be weighed. She is now 10 pounds 12 ounces. We knew she was an eater. Once we got back to the room the nurse measured her and she is now 23 inches long. We waited a few moments for the doctor. He said she's in really good shape and developing very quickly a lot of the motions and movements that she is doing typically happen at three months. He was very pleased with her progress. He did give us another refill prescription to prevent thrush from coming back. Madison's still has signs of thrush, but it appears to be doing much better. The doctor stepped out for a few moments. When he and the nurse came back, they had all six does of immunizations for Madison. I think I was ready to pass out when I heard six, I think I was just prepared for only a few. However, one of the doses (given orally- thank goodness) took care of three immunizations. Therefore, there were three shots that needed to be administered. All of these shots were in her thigh area. Darin was wonderful- I (We) are so glad to have him. He held Madison as I teared up. I think Darin was worried that Madison will remember that he was the one holding her while she received the shots. I told Darin- I had to hold the dog. Okay maybe that is a little different. As the nurse was administering the shots she said, "the doctor told me I have to do this." Once all the shots were given, there was some screams of terror for a few minutes, we put her in her car seat and left the patient room. Right as we exited the room, she stopped screaming and crying and looked at the doctor (kind of cute). She did not cry at all on our drive back home, just some long deep breaths and the pouting lip. Darin and I just smiled at each other, however Darin told me, she's definitely yours. We made it back home and decided to take a family walk, including Sonic.
Glad we made it through this day.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We knew she would do fine, she's a real keeper. Jen, when you were little and had to make many visits to the dentist, he commented that you had a high tolerance for pain and never shed a tear. Maybe like mother like daughter! Sounds like she is really doing well with her eating. We will be anxious to see her this weekend when the Corn-huskers eat the Bears!! Take care and hugs and kisses to you all. Love Grandma (Barb)
Glad to hear Madison is doing OK. She did not take after her father!!!! See you this weekend. Hope the snow misses us! Love Grandma R
Post a Comment