As some of you may already know, Jen and I are not going to Dubai. Another position at Cerner was offered to me so we are going to stay in KC. I have mixed feelings about this change. On the one hand it will be great to stay close to family and friends with Madison. I under appreciated their help with the newborn. I also think this new role will be a greater challenge and look forward to the opportunity. We also won't have to worry about moving, finding a new place to live, maintaining our home in KC and everything else that goes with living half way around the world. We also had no idea how Sonic would react to living with somebody new.
However, we are giving up the opportunity to live in a new country, experience a new culture and see parts of the world we'll never get to experience. Plus the role at Cerner would have really given me exposure to the relationship side of our business. The Middle East is a growing area for Cerner and it would have been exciting to be part of it. Finally, we could have lived on the beach. It was a tough choice, but we made the best one for all of us. The best part of staying is actually using Madison's room. I think we would have been disappointed by not using it.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are sooooo happy you are staying. We didn't want to miss out on Madison's first year! And of course we would of missed you and Jen. Dad is releaved! He doesn't have to fly! Good Luck with your new job. We love you ALL! Mom & Dad
Post a Comment