Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I made it!...Almost...
As I got Madison ready for school this morning I reflected back to that last 10 weeks that I spent at home with her. It's amazing how quickly the time flies by. I remembered telling Darin, I still have five weeks. As I sat her in her car seat, she just smiled and laughed, what I good feeling. I knew today would be a challenge, but I was prepared with pictures. So prepared I almost forgot my laptop, but I had my pictures of Madison and our family. Once I arrived at work, I didn't even make it to the front door of the building before I was greeting by co-workers wanting to see the latest pictures. What a great feeling, of course I "unpacked" them all as any proud parent would. The morning seemed to fly and then it was lunchtime. One of my co-workers had his wife bring in their 16 week old daughter during lunchtime. Okay, that's when it really hit me, when she smiled at me, I knew I needed to smile back then step away and make a call to Madison's school to check on her. A few tears and a wonderful phone conversation with her teacher stating "Madison is such a good baby, she's been playing most of the morning, made my tears dry up." It was nice to be back in the swing of work, but it was also nice to pick Madison up from school and give her hugs and kisses- from both mom and dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I knew you would make it but also knew there would be some tears. You have such a good little girl and she is trying to make it as easy as possible for mom and dad by smiling and playing at school as it is something new for her too. Hope Sonic made it through the day in his kennel..poor boy! Love Grandma Barb
Post a Comment