Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 1 and the house is still standing

Well, the 3 of us made it through the first night without too many issues. Shortly after Jen left for the airport, Madison had a blowout that required an impromptu bath. Jen is going to have a nice surprise when she comes home on Thursday. For dinner, Madison ate some sweet potatoes and squash. She was really hungry. Bath time went off without a hitch. However, Madison peed on me when I was drying her off. I think it was her way of judging my bath performance. Madison then had her final bottle for the night.

We went to bed around 8:30. Madison fell right to sleep and I went into the other room to stare a the ceiling. I think she was a little off last night as she woke at 10:30, 11:40, 2:30 and 6:30. Madison was tired but kept fighting sleep. I have a feeling she was just trying to test me or maybe she thought I was like Grandma R and would play with her during the night. Sonic only got up once and that was at 5am to go outside. He was pretty tired this morning. I think I move around too much for him in the non-King sized bed. After he came inside at 5:00, he went to sleep on the couch. He definitely gave me a dirty look when I tried calling him to the bedroom. Poor guy was happy to go into his kennel when I left home.

This morning, Madison had her 6 month check-up. But before that, we had to play from 6:30 until we left at 8:15. I wanted to nap during this time, but Madison wanted to play fetch..... and I was doing the fetching. Madison did very well at the doctor's office. She is now up to 16.1 lbs and grew over an inch and 1/2 since our last visit 4 weeks ago. Doctor was very happy with her progress. Best of all, no shots. She has to wait 3 weeks so Jen will have that pleasure instead of me. From the doctors office, we left to go to daycare/work. Madison slept the entire way. In fact, I checked in on her and was told she ate very well and took a nice long nap today. great....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did really well even through Madison was doing a little testing. Glad her doctor's appointment went good. I'm sure mom misses her alot since its her first time away from her. Poor Sonic , he sure has his troubles you will have to have a birthday party for him on the 28th. Keep up the good work and Jen will be home before you know it. XOXOXO Grandma H