Friday, February 6, 2009

Changes at Work

It appears that the organization within Cerner that I was going to work for is no longer the organization I'm going to reside. Cerner has decided that a different alignment will work best to kick off this new business unit. My job basically remains the same, which is what I was really concerned about, but my reporting structure and physical location will change. I'll be working in a department I've had minimal interaction. The good news is I'll be able to extend my internal network. The bad news is I have to start over building people's trust. This change will also mean I'll move from my current office. Initial thoughts are Cerner's south campus, which is a good 40 min drive. I actually prefer a little longer drive home to unwind, but I'm not looking forward to early morning meetings if that is where I end up. Either way I think we're putting together a good team and there will be plenty to do as we launch this business.

No comments: