Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thrush

Last night we went to the emergency room because Madison wouldn't eat and wouldn't stop crying. Turns out we have a case of thrush. I guess thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in the mouth and on the tongue. Supposedly, it is quite common. We may also have a case of acid-reflux, but we're not sure. The doctors are waiting to see how Madison responds her new medication.

From my perspective, it was a rough night. I'm still not use to the feeling of not being able to solve a problem. At work I solve issues and help make things happen. With Madison I can't help in these situations. I'm just glad Jen decided to make some calls.

I think Jen was irritated because yesterday she took Madison in for an appointment. Our pediatrician spent her time worrying that we were feeding Madison when she was hungry rather than on a schedule and as a result, in her eyes, Madison was gaining weight too fast. The doctors last night and today all disputed that and said the opposite. I guess we're changing pediatricians.

3 comments:

Hey There! I'm Amanda! said...

Yikes. Doctors worried about TOO MUCH weight gain? That is a scary thought. Good move in looking elsewhere for another Doc. Hope she is doing better!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear all is better. There is no such thing as a baby gaining too much weight or too fast. If she is hungry feed her, change her and cuddle her. You can never go wrong with that advice. Give her a big hug from me. I still can't wait to meet her. Maybe next NE game!!!!

Mkay

Anonymous said...

I see I left my comment on the wrong story so now I say, Go Little Red. That was a great dream.

mkay