Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ft. Smith Arkansas

Yesterday I spent the day in Ft. Smith Arkansas working on a deal with one of our clients. Another associate and I left Tuesday evening for our 5 hour drive and returned last night. I had never been to Arkansas let along Ft. Smith so it was not only nice to have somebody to talk to during the drive, but also somebody who had been there before. Arkansas is a nice state to drive through. The tree covered hills and deep valleys make for a very scenic drive. Ft. Smith is a town of about 80,000 people located in the Ozark Mountains. It is surrounded by numerous other small towns in Arkansas and Oklahoma which give Ft. Smith a regional presence. They hold an annual blues festival in Ft. Smith as well as a bi-state fair with Oklahoma. It is an old south town that also pays tribute to the old wild west. While I'm not sure I'd vacation in Ft. Smith, the town does have some charm. Regardless, I'll be spending quite a bit of time in Ft. Smith in the upcoming weeks. Not only will I need to get used to the drive (you can't fly into Ft. Smith nor can you fly directly to Fayetteville from KC so driving is actually faster) but also spending time in the Ozarks.

No comments: