Sunday, September 21, 2008

Help for the Weekend

Jen's parents came out this weekend to see Madison. Leroy helped me with some yard work yesterday and Jen and her mom got their toes done. Jen and I also took some time away to buy some mask for a Masquerade ball we are attending on October 4th. This year, we got masks that did not cover our mouths. Very annoying to continually lift your mask to eat and drink. I really like Jen's choice. It is red and has a touch of feathers, just to be fancy (you'll see why I used fancy below). In all it was a nice relaxing day watching college football, running a few errands and going for a nice walk around the community and our new community pool. Today we are going to go shopping. It will be my first time out with Madison so we should have some fun. At least now when I'm waiting in a store I'll have someone to distract me.

I've also used this weekend to catch up on a couple of things. My cousin Jenny in NY had sent us some baby gifts, including a book called 'Fancy Nancy'. I actually wanted to read it because I assumed Jenny sent us something very unique. We received a lot of great gifts from friends and family, but Jenny nailed my future. The book is about a little girl who wants to be fancy and how you need to dress up fancy, use fancy words and fancy colors. About 3 months ago, Jen's mom was showing me some old letters and schoolwork of Jen's when she was very young. Absolutely amazing the similarities. From the fancy colors to sprinkles on everything, there is zero chance of a tomgirl now.

Another thing I did was read up and talk to friends about Madison's sleep patterns. Basically, she likes to be held all the time. We fell into that first time parents rut really fast. She loves to sleep on my chest. That is the only time she sleeps for hours at a time outside of just being so tired, she crashes. Madison should be sleeping more and without crashing. Plus, she will fall asleep while eating. It is a back and forth tug of war between hunger and sleep that is caused by her dependence to be held. A lot of things to think about and how to get our lives onto a schedule while still being there for her.

No comments: