Normally I am a very casual Olympic fan. I'll watch some of the more competitive events, especially those with somebody from the USA in medal contention, but if I walk away from the TV or get distracted, it's not a big deal. Fortunately for Jen and I we had no such distraction last night. We were able to witness one of the greatest races in any sport. Not only did I find myself watching the race but I was yelling at the TV and jumped out of my seat when Lezak touched the wall and beat the French swimmer Bernard, the current world record holder in the 100 freestyle. I don't think anybody watching thought the US had a chance when Benard took off on the 4th leg of the relay ahead of Lezak. Bernard wasn't somebody you caught in the 100 freestyle. The unexpected was quite the thrill.
If you missed the race, below is the link to NBC and the relay. It is all anyone is talking about at work.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=0811_hd_swb_hl_l0194
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could not agree more....what a night for the USA! Not only was the win fantastic, but the it was by .08 seconds and added to Phelps' quest for 8 gold medals....once again the auspicious "8" from the chinese culture was shining through and gave me chills just thinking about it all :) - Michelle
thanks for the link
Post a Comment