Monday, August 11, 2008

Late Spring/Early Fall Tasks

On Saturday and Sunday, Darin's parents came down to visit and help us move things in the house, clean out the garage and complete some outside work in order to prepare for our move to Dubai. Unfortunately, I was no help what so ever, so my title and task was Supervisor (a.k.a sit down and drink water).
Darin's parents brought their enclosed trailer- although Darin was teasing me that it was a stock trailer and that we needed to clean it prior to using it. On Saturday morning, items were loaded into the trailer and donated to the Disabled American Vets (DAV). Afterwords, Darin and his dad headed to pick-up some mulch for the front and back yard. The guys had to make two trips, so his mom and I decided to ride along for the second trip. Little did I know this place was just off I-35 (in Kansas) and quite scenic, rough and bumpy. However, as much as Darin tried this "off- road" adventure did not impact or expedite the labor process- DARN. We're still hanging in there and any tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated!
Then on Sunday, the morning was spent cleaning and organizing the garage. Darin was so excited to see and use the third stall garage again that he thought it was time to purchase another vehicle- he laughed as said, "Just kidding, " thank goodness. We really appreciated all of the help, hard work and effort from Darin's parents and we were grateful the weather was in the 80's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Rene would like nothing better than to welcome Madison on Friday, 8/15...after all, it is his birthday too!
I love reading your blog.
Love,
Aunt Sharon