Thursday, March 3, 2011

Playing catch-up
















It's been a busy week for us. On Saturday, we took the kiddos to Target for the Dr.Seuss story time. We enjoyed this event last year. On our way to Target, we asked Madison where we were going, she stated, "Target to get cookies." When we arrived at Target the area where they had the Dr. Seuss story time was completely full. Madison made herself at home by walking around the crowd and grabbed a place underneath a table to read books on her own. Parker just listened.

Tuesday evening around 6:00pm before dinner, Madison was screaming like she was in pain. After talking to her for a while, I determined she was constipated. Little did I realize she would cry in pain as nothing would happen, Darin and I held her, rubbed her feet and back, tried to massage her tummy. After about 2.5 hours we decided to take Madison to Children's Mercy. Darin took her in and they administered enema. No luck, no movement. Dr. mentioned to provide her with a stool softener with her water, limit milk and bananas. Darin and Madison arrived home at 11:00pm of course Madison was really hungry. We sat down at the dinner table and I heard quite the "explosion." Madison turned her head towards me and smiled. Yes, there was success. The next day I took the kids to school, the entire drive Madison stated, "Mommy I am so better."

No comments: