I did not realize what it meant to be a parent or what it would be like to be a parent until we had Madison and Parker. Each day is typically filled with learning experiences, love, laughs, tears, and challenges. We are so blessed to have two wonderful children. I did not realize how quickly the kids would develop characteristic of Darin and I. It's a pretty amazing experience that continues to keep routines and activities unique. For instance, this week Madison arrived at school, her routine is to wash her hands and eat breakfast. She loves her teachers and hugs them each morning. On Tuesday, Madison was looking for Ms. Teresa. When we arrived at her classroom, she said, "oh no..Ms. Teresa missing." She was almost in tears. Then she saw Ms.Teresa come around the corner, she ran to her and gave her a big hug. That evening, Madison watched the Dora Explorer episode related to the Three Little Pigs. I was feeding Parker and I noticed it was quite where she was watching TV. When I went in to see her, she had huge alligator tears running down her face. Apparently (I re watched the episode) the Wolf blew down the house, which made Madison sad. I told her it was ok and that the little pigs will have a new house.
Today, I took the kids to school. It was PJ day and of course they both needed to wear their Husker gear. Well as we were unloading the car, Ms. Teresa walked by and Madison saw her. Madison yelled with her arm in the arm, "No Stop Ms. Teresa." She just makes me laugh, she is very animated with her gestures, facial expressions and words, must be from her dad. When I picked her up today, her teacher said that Ella's mom was picking Ella up and said, "Ella you can have a Popsicle when we get home." Madison asked Ella's mom if she could go home with them for a Popsicle. The teachers just chuckled. Since it was PJ day, Madison took Pinks (her dog) to school. When she grabbed him to go home she said, "Go Pinks, Go Pinks, Go Pinks" and then it was, "Go Parker, Go Parker, Go Parker." The little man (Parker) just smiles and takes it all in. I believe he realizes he is going to have his hands full with his sister.
Parker had his conference this week as he will be moving to the Little Lambs room on Monday, October 11. It is amazing how quickly he is growing and his little smile just melts your heart. I had no idea how life would change in such a positive way with a wonderful husband and two amazing children. Thanks for giving me such a wonderful life.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment