Last week we finished our Birthing classes. For us first timers it is quite an eye opening experience. But we learned that the movies have it all wrong and a plan really doesn’t work. We also practiced breathing and relaxing. I kept falling asleep. I guess it worked. We also learned we’re not ready. Jen had her bag packed, but we didn’t include bottles, pacifiers, diapers or our camera. We also forgot to pack additional clothes for myself. The poor girl is going to have to be flexible.
The facilities tour really helped as well. You can take a virtual tour at Liberty Hospital. Click on the Virtual tour link under the Our Facilities section. I’ve never stayed in a hospital that had rooms like this. In fact, my stay was in a different tower and not near as nice. But then again, I wasn’t having a kid.
Tonight we’ll be taking Childcare basics. The description of the class goes as follows: Baby Care Basics prepares you for survival of the first 1-2 weeks at home with your new baby. This class provides you with some basic parenting skills, including: bathing, diapering, dressing, comforting, feeding and safety issues for the newborn. Due to the large amount of content and information provided there is no hands on, but teaching methods include dvd, powerpoint, displays and demonstrations. This class is offered once a month and is recommended as a companion class with Prepared Childbirth and Childbirth Express as well as those experienced parents who just want a refresher or learn about changes since their last baby was born.
I guess curling up in the fetal position and crying won’t be one of the options so I’m going to need to pay attention.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment