Two weeks ago I bought a smoker at Cabela's here in KC. I decided upon the cookshack electric smoker. I know traditionalist will say it's not wood or it's not charcoal, but having the ability to set the temp and walk away is nice when you have limited time and young kids. Also, electric doesn't require as much air flow so the meat doesn't dry out as fast.
I took the day off on Friday and decided to smoke some pork chops. I cooked 4 chops w/ the bone for about 2 1/2 hours at 225. I also made an applejack glaze with apple juice, maple syrup, honey, garlic, cinnamon and Jack Daniels. They turned out great and the glaze I put on at the end was just as good. I was very amazed at the amount of smoke taste 2 ounces of wood produced in this smoker. I am excited about trying out all kinds of meats and vegetables in the upcoming weeks.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment