We celebrated Thanksgiving at home in Kansas City with my parents. Grandma and Grandpa H came down Wednesday afternoon to spend some time with us during the holidays. On Thursday, Master Chef Darin prepared the most wonderful turkey. I bought a 9 pound turkey with no legs or wings, poor thing (all white meat and I did not realize there were so many different types). Darin's turkey recipe was a roasted herb turkey (contained oranges, sage, thyme, rosemary, onions and a few other ingredients). Every half of an hour he used the mixture as a brine. It was the most moist and delicious turkey I have every had. He also made a cranberry relish with pear, oranges, brown sugar, pecans and frozen cranberries, it was so yummy as well. My portion of the meal was "boring" and not a good as Darin's. I made stuffing (yep out of a box), Au gratin potatoes and brown and serve rolls. For dessert, I made a pistachio dessert with pecans and whip cream. We ate while Madison was napping. However, when she woke up she had some of the turkey and "signed" for more. Great job Dad and you should cook more often is really what she said.
Well after the filling meal we needed to rest up as mom and I were preparing to shop the next day at 5:00am. I was so excited about the shopping adventure that I woke up at 2:00am ready to go. However, we started at 4:30am and stood in line at Gordman's, which opened at 5:00am. Then we needed a pick me up at Panera. Then it was off to Jo-Ann, Macy's, Target and home. We had a great time shopping. The guys stayed at home resting, watching football and playing with Madison. Later that afternoon, Darin and I ventured out and did a little shopping ourselves, we had a great time.
On Saturday, we rented a U-haul and picked up Parker's furniture. Hopefully over the next few weeks we'll determine a paint color so we can start to get his room ready. Mom and Dad went home on Saturday afternoon. We had a great weekend and were very thankful for all of their assistance.
1 comment:
I know this is extremly delayed in commenting; I am so proud of the two of you and your cooking adventure. I know that you need the space and new setting but I am glad that you are still here.
Post a Comment