Last week, I was in Naples Florida for work. Initially the plan was to stay in Florida all week and then fly to Detroit for a golf weekend with some friends. But things went well at Naples (which is a good thing) and I was able to fly home on Thursday evening. I was pretty excited cause that meant I'd see Jen and Madison before leaving on the weekend. Since I had a Northwest ticket, I was going to fly from Ft. Meyer to Detroit and then to KC.
Midway through the flight the captain announced a child was having health problems and we needed to make an emergency landing in Charlotte NC. Turns out she had a brain tumor, was going to Orlando for her Make a Wish Foundation trip, got sick and had to return home. After an hour and a half on the ground we were back in the air heading for Detroit.
We landed at 9:30 pm. My flight to KC was suppose to take off at 9:25pm. I figured I was staying in Detroit for the night. Luckily, all flights were delayed. However, that meant I got home at 1:30 am. Not very good for early morning meetings on Friday. Also ruined my plans to see Jen and Madison. Jen woke me up in the morning so I could say hi to M before going to daycare. I also met Jen for lunch, so that sort of made up for the lost time. Work on Friday was busy but I left early to pack and head back to Detroit. I got in at 11:30 pm, drove to my hotel, listened to a couple scream at each other and was asleep by 1:30.
Saturday morning I got up and it was raining. So I went to Dicks Sporting Goods store and bought some golf supplies and headed to the course. When I got there, it stopped raining and the sun started poking through the clouds (good thing I bought an umbrella and rain jacket). Golf was a blast. My team finished second. We thought we were heading to a play offs, but a guy suck a 20 ft put. Oh well... That night we went to a friend’s house for burgers and beers. It was great catching up with everyone and sharing stories. I headed back to my hotel about 1am to get up at 6am to catch my flight back home.
This week has been no travel, but I have 2 clients in negotiations. Lots of work to get done. Next week, I'll be in Columbia Missouri. Who knows, I may even need to travel to Naples again.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Busy Busy Busy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment