On Sunday I travelled to Naples, Florida for a business meeting. The plan was to fly through Dallas to Ft. Meyer and then drive south to Naples. American was having some flight delays so we changed to a Delta flight via Atlanta to Ft. Meyer. We landed about 11:30 pm, drove south for about 40 mins and then checked into our hotel. This is when the excitement began.
About 1 am I started feeling ill. Not sick ill but like my insides wanted to come out ill. I immediately suspected food poisoning. I didn't have a fever, or chills, or any other signs of something else. Instead I just couldn't keep anything down. I spent the night in this state and had to call off all the meetings scheduled for Monday. It was about 1pm that I was finally keeping down liquids and solids at 5pm. I basically slept from 6pm that night until 7:30 the next morning before getting ready for my Tuesday meetings. We had a great two days planned and my illness wasted one. I wasn't too happy. Further, it was 75 in Naples. I would have loved to hang out at the beach in the evening.
Tonight I talked with my parents and told them my story. It turns out that after they returned home from KC over the weekend, they got sick. Same type of stuff with the stomach churning and no fever, etc. I guess it was some type of bug and not food poisoning. I'm just glad it happened after we landed and not during. I can laugh now, but that wouldn't have been funny.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment