As mentioned below, Madison slept through Halloween. One of our neighbors had a get together and invited everyone over to hand out candy and hang out for the evening. Jen went over for the first half of the night and I hung out the second. There was all kinds of food and desserts. We even made some spiced hot wine which was great while sitting outside on a cool evening. But for some reason trouble started after Jen left the party to take care of Madison. It seems a couple of guys went over to one of the neighbors houses and brought up some fireworks. It seems one neighbor wanted to show them off and another neighbor was willing to help. In fact, everyone at the party shared in this encouragement but me. Everything was "fine" until the cops showed up. (Well, except for the fact Madison woke up due to the noise.) I'm not sure if it was the height of the fireworks or the echoing noise that got the cops' attention, but a KC cruiser showed up asking about fireworks. As the cops were discussing this with a neighbor I was nonchalantly moving the rest of the fireworks into the garage of the place we were having the party. The cops left with giving us all a verbal warning. This was the first time I've ever been lectured on my behavior. It was embarrassing.
I must say, I was disappointed in our neighbors and their teenage actions. I repeatedly have to be the adult in these situations and make sure others don't get out of line. Firecrackers on Halloween. Who would encourage such behavior? Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm the cranky neighbor who called the law on you. What kind of fool celebrates Halloween with fireworks?
That guy that lives across the street from you is an absolute nut job. Next time he even thinks about shooting 50 artillery shells in under 5 seconds, he's going to be smelling bacon so fast his head will spin.
Now knock it off you bunch of juvenile acting "adults"!!
Post a Comment