Friday, June 13, 2008

Off to Dubai

In less than 24 hrs I'll be flying to Dubai via Chicago and London for the week. A nice 20 hr flight plus layovers before I reach my final destination on Sunday. I've been on 8 hr flights before, but this will be the first series of flight that will consume a whole day. I'm hope there are some good movies on the flight to take my mind off sitting the whole time. There is only so much walking around you can do on a flight.

I'll be taking a lot of pictures after work. This will be my first chance to really "feel" Dubai. I'm staying at the Le Meridien ( http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1895 ) all week. It is very close to the one of the areas Jen and I are thinking about living. A friend will be taking me around town and showing me the sights one night next week as well. I should have a decent feel for the town, where we'd want to live and with all the meetings next week, a good feel for the office. So far, I've been impressed with the team. Hopefully, I'll have a lot more to share.

No comments: